Activities / Awards
- National Science foundation Graduate Research Fellowship (2019 - 2022)
- Expand Your Horizons outReach event at Cornell University. Volunteered in the “Can You Hear The Light?” workshop, teaching Middle School students how to build a circuit that uses light from an led to play a tone. (April 4, 2019)
- Designed and conducted an embodied intelligence soft robotics outreach event for the TCT BOCES New Visions Engineering Program at Cornell University. (Apr. 20, 2018)
- Soft robotics outreach event with New Visions Engineering Program at Cornell University. (June 13, 2018)
- Cornell Sloan Fellowship (2017 - 2020)
- GatorTRAX: Outreach event for Gainesville, Florida elementary school students, teaching them fundamental principles of engineering and providing them with a design challenge at the end of the program. (Feb. 18, 2017)
- Cornell Center for Materials Research (CCMR) Outreach event at Howard University Middle School: Spoke to middle school students about my path to graduate school and taught through a hands-on activity how enzymes work inside the human body (Nov. 8, 2017)
- Mechanical ENGINEERING SUMMER Intern in the Continuous Improvement team at Arthrex Inc. (May 20 - Aug. 8, 2017)
- Cornell Center for Materials Research REU (Summer 2016): Designed and fabricated soft twisting/shape-changing actuators in the Cohen lab (Applied Physics) and Shepherd lab (Mechanical Engineering) at Cornell University.
- NanoJapan International REU (Summer 2015): Research Institute of Electrical Communications of Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan. Wrote and developed the simulations of three-dimensional crystal defect propagation in 3C-SiC (001) semiconducting material, in order to improve the fabrication processes of MOSFET transistors.
- National Nanotechnology Infrastructure Network (NNIN) REU (Summer 2014): Rubinstein Lab at Harvard University. Wrote image analysis programs to study the growth and development of microbial biofilms in various geometries.
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Fall 2014): UF Engineering Exchange Program